Announcement: 4 player retroarch/other application (moonlight) support for the "Simpsons" / We'll do TMNT soon.
- This will wipe out your cabinet if you have mods already they will be cleared and the cabinet will be reverted to stock, this is the only time we should need to do this future updates this should not be necessary.
- This automatically enables ADB so you do not need to turn developer options on, despite the UI showing it as 'off'.
- This does not include roms, cores for retroarch, emulators, a front-end or anything else, this is not to mod your cabinet you can use the standard methods already made available by the community to modify your cabinet and install retroarch, moonlight, N64 emulators etc. This simply makes 4 player controls work properly in these applications.
Not working: Track ball will work in bowling as expected, it will not work in other apps in this version.
Requirements: Windows PC or a PC with a Windows Virtual Machine, Micro USB cable, 7zip (https://7-zip.org/) to extract our archive, Simpsons Cabinet, patience, and a brain.
1. Download the 7zip archive from above.
2. Extract the files to a director not on your desktop preferably.
3. Run MysteryDawsonExperience.exe
4. Run step 1 (Install Drivers) - if you've already done fighter droids in the past you don't need to do this step.
5. Run step 2 (Install SimpsonsControlFixToPCB)
6. Connect micro USB cable to microUSB port on your simpsons while it is powered OFF!
7. Turn your Simpsons on, if you hear the ding/it connecting to your PC and the application successfully verifies that it is indeed a simpsons PCB... continue.
8. Reboot when it says to
9. Install included retroarch "Retroarch_TEConfig.apk" for automatic control configurations (Some configurations are required still, like disabling overlay or setting a hotkey for bringing up the menu)... live button is bindable but only to player 1.
Fucked up?/Have no input? Re-install it, you'll start back from stock.
I'm also having an issue…
No simultaneous button
Ever get this resolved?
Yes, two things in retroarch…
Did you try this or get an…
Hello I need help
In the section above it has: Not working: Track ball will work in bowling as expected, it will not work in other apps in this version.
Is there a plan/timeline for getting the trackball to work for everything? Or could I install this and then when that is figured out would it be possible to just load over the new patch without having to start over?
Retroarch changes player position
Button Mapping and TMNT after control input mod
First - Thank you
So, I gave this a shot as not having two player in Dig/Retroarch is a drag.
The install was flawless. Simpsons worked as expected but I am unsure if I had the control issue the above poster mentioned about startin which character first.
I loaded in your RetroArch, and dig, no issues. I really like the controls working in all menus and sytem menus!
Set up was expected.
Here are the weird issues.
1. TMNT will no let you play, but you can choose the game, just not start to play by choosing characters. - So no TMNT
2. Wierd issues in some games in NES that I could never start the game, one button seems off, not sure what it was at all
3. in games like 1942, was able to play side by side two player -NICE- but the player 4 joystick needed to be useed with player 3 buttons.
I wasn't sure if the Simpsons update had something to do with it,
I tried a bunch of configuring, and then used your tool to retore everything, but removed the cable before giving ADB permission in the setup process, and it was retroed as fotory as foar as I can tell. loaded TMNT and works agian, and going to set up retro and dig with a bunch of two button games for horizontal, and a bluetooth controller.
I would love to figure outt why I couldnt get the deck controls to run properly, but they definately were usable.
So, back where I started for now.
Anyone have a clear setup for the retroarch after all this install? I would consider dreopping TMNT if I could get it running well.
Thanks for all you do, I am sure this is a me thing, but I just wanted to give some feedback, even if not useful, it is the least i can do with all the work you do.
Second - Thank you.
Takled it again, Left…
Takled it again, Left EVERYTHING in controls as installed, only changed hot key to 2 second start to exit, took off overlays, and added cores.
So far, everything is perfect!
I am scared to add the simpsons update to access bowling, any thoughts on that.
Thanks for the 2 player Smash TV using all 4 joysticks, configured in game.
Robotron 2 player switched sticks, but I will fiddle with that.
I am crazy happy with this, Just oing to set up a nova launcer for dig and built in simpsons (Maybe-want the bowling).
This is straight up amazing. I hop you guys know how much we appreciate all this!
Did you run into any issues…
Did you happen to get TMNT …
I get stuck on step 7,…
I get stuck on step 7, reading the PCB. The USB driver installs fine, and it makes the USB connection sound on bootup of the cabinet. It says "Reading PCB", and then never moves on. How long does Step 7 take to finish reading the PCB? I've tried a couple of times, waiting about 15 minutes with no change.
Got it, I needed to wait…
I had that with a bad cable…
I had that with a bad cable. I just switched it and it was fine.
Before switching on the cabinet, I just let it verify its files first, then turn it on. I have done it 3 times now while trying out other things, I literally just quickly switched it on and off after it was running and that worked once.
what is the arcade1up fix? the update? it will just wipe it and you will be new.
Yeah, I retried with a…
I went full nova launcher…
I went full nova launcher for DIG, and this works perfect!
I have to reassign some controls here an there, just press tab while in game. I am killing it with robtron dual stick.
Has anyone updated their Simpsons Cabinet after this fix? Does it break anything? I am tempted to just for the bowling!
has anybody got this to work
has anybody got this to work, after installing various files, it says waiting for machine to fully turn on or come up or something like that. What should we do if this happens? it wont do anything after that, and retroarch wont recognize 4 controller. Additionally the simpsons cabinet wont update the regular simpsons games. Any help will be gladly appreciated...